Ships require regular maintenance and repair to remain seaworthy, whether they’re sailing local waters or from one exotic port to another. Action Engineering services a wide variety of vessels including:
- Cruise ships
- Container ships
- Logging ships
- Bulk carriers
- Cement boats
- Coastal and deep-sea fishing vessels
- Barges, dredges and tugs.
Action Engineering marine services include:
- Voyage repairs
- Overhaul of components
- Hull and superstructure plating repairs
- Repairs and modifications to hydraulic and mechanical winches
- Repairs to hatches and hatch covers
- Service and repair of deck cranes and gantries, trawl gear and equipment
- Work on carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum bronze and plastic pipes
- Overhaul and reinstatement of all types of pumping equipment and valves
- Full machine-stop services.
While most work is carried out locally, we also travel to other parts of the country when our expertise and experience is needed.
For all marine engineering needs contact or call Action Engineering on 03 477 1643.
Marine projects include:
- MV Mozeyyan Ana - Structural repairs to damaged deck crane
- MV Nedlloyd Fremantle - Structural repairs to damaged deck crane
- MV Maersk Wellington - Rewind exciter on generating set
- MV Berlin Express - Structural repairs, exhaust gas economiser repairs
- RV Kaharoa - Slipping for fitting of new transducer, pipework repairs etc
- HMNZS Canterbury (Frigate) - Overhaul and reinstatement of pump components
- RV Akademic Shokalskiy (Icebreaker) - Voyage repairs
Earth Race(PDF) 315 KB
Tug Overhaul(PDF) 316 KB